I love pawpaws and have finally had enough fresh ones to think about using them in recipes. This is my first essay.
This is a work in progress. I'm still refining this recipe and, in fact, I haven't tried this latest version yet! Before proceeding, be sure to read my notes on the earlier versions. If you find ways to improve it, please share!
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 2 cups pawpaw pulp (peeled and seeded)
- 1 store-bought graham-cracker pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place all ingredients into stew pan and stir together, cooking over medium heat until thickened.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake at 400° until the crust is done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.